Saturday, August 6, 2011

Praying Mantis

One surprised me, today, caught under the ledge of a cabinet, It was leaf green and covered in web.



I spoke to it with emotion. Explained that I meant it no harm and I placed my hand beside it. Not touching it, I let it make the choice to come with me or not.



You see I don't say 'the choice to be saved or not' because in the helping of small things and in the ignorance of other beings us humans can offer a helping hand that deals the death blow very easily.


The Mantis wanted to come with me, so I found a place that looked safe – to me, and left the critter there. Before I left the Mantis turned its head and looked at me, the minuscule pricks of his black pupils fixed with mine.

It wasn't a thank you – simply a communion.

This experience is a reflection of life, intentions and the road they pave. I could well have saved this poor creature, or I could have delivered it to a cruel fate.

Be conscious of your actions. Own them and each time ask for guidance.

I thank the Great Spirit for this experience.


2 comments:

  1. This is impossible. I almost bursted to tears because of the Synchronicity. today, past midnight i was sitting in my room, contemplating about the things of God, and a little baby mantis (light leaf greeen) was sitting on my arm, and walked it. I looked at it with amazement and went outside to set it free (cause it would surely die in my room). Animals are attracted to the one's born in the spirit of God, i find it amazing. I love God and the Creation. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for sharing, the world is so dark right now it's a blessing to be able to share the light with others. Feel filled to your soul, this space is sacred.

    ReplyDelete